Ascendant LLP is a leading boutique law firm with a global client base. We currently have a need for a transactional entry level Associate Attorney.
The ideal candidate will manage non-litigation cases and resolve legal issues on behalf of clients by developing agreements, negotiating contacts, conducting legal research and drafting legal opinion letters. This individual will build client relationships and provide an excellent customer experience for clients.
- Review, negotiate, and draft a wide variety of contracts including asset sale agreement, purchase agreement, equity subscription agreement, bylaws, operating agreement, licensing agreement, etc.
- Research and prepare legal opinion letters or memorandum on a variety of legal issues as needed.
- Provide support relating to any and all legal matters and questions presented to the legal team.
- Conduct due diligence research, evaluate and advise on M&A and investment transactions.
- Assist with researching and preparing documents related to tax planning and estate planning issues.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Manage cases and assignments from multiple attorneys and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Communicate effectively with team members and clients.
- Licensed to practice law in California; having a second license in another jurisdiction is a plus
- Minimum one year of transactional experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong legal knowledge
- Some interest in wealth planning/financial products/strategies, taxes, and estate planning preferred but not required.
Salary is DOE. We provide 401(k) and employer match; discretionary bonus; and health insurance. If you are interested, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.